feed-builder.el: An RSS (and Atom?) generator

From: Pierre Neidhardt
Subject: feed-builder.el: An RSS (and Atom?) generator
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2018 14:39:41 +0200

Hi!

I've recently revamped my website in pure Org/Elisp (using ox-publish):

        https://ambrevar.xyz

Source is here:

        https://gitlab.com/ambrevar/ambrevar.gitlab.io

The main difficulty was to generate the webfeed file.  I could not find
any Elisp library to do that.

There is ox-rss in Org-contrib but it works over a single Org file only.
It is possible to create a meta-Org file with #+includes, but that's
inconvenient and limited (the #+TITLE tags get concatenated to start
with).

So I went ahead and implemented a webfeed generator from scratch.  (It's
a first draft.)  It's rather simple actually: it takes a bunch of HTML
files as input, extracts valuable information through user-defined
functions and saves everything into an RSS file.  I'll implement Atom
generation later.

What do you people think?  Would this be useful enough to be considered
for inclusion in Emacs?  Am I missing existing alternatives?

Cheers!

--
Pierre Neidhardt
https://ambrevar.xyz/