Re: wait_reading_process_ouput hangs in certain cases (w/ patches)

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: wait_reading_process_ouput hangs in certain cases (w/ patches)
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2018 10:10:57 -0700

Matthias Dahl wrote:
I don't know if Emacs uses other non-universally available errno values
as well. If it does, then, imho, it really does not matter here.

Emacs uses EOVERFLOW, ENOTSUP, EINPROGRESS, ENOTCONN, EMSGSIZE, EINPROGRESS, ELOOP, EWOULDBLOCK, even though they are not available on many platforms.

By the way, why does conf_post.h conditionally define EOVERFLOW, why does filelock.c have "#ifndef ELOOP", why does process.c have "#ifndef EWOULDBLOCK" and "defined EMSGSIZ", and why does sysdep.c have "#ifdef EOVERFLOW"? Do these all predate Gnulib errno.h? It sounds like we should remove them.