Re: Upgrading a package in ELPA (ergoemacs-mode)

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Upgrading a package in ELPA (ergoemacs-mode)
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2018 23:36:15 -0400

> I would like to upgrade a package in ELPA, ergoemacs-mode.

Great.

> The version in ELPA is years out of date and doesn't work.
>
> The maintainer of this package, Matthew Fidler, has said it would be okay
> for me to handle the upgrading of the package in ELPA.  But I don't
> know how to do this and I'm not sure if I'm allowed to since I'm not the
> official maintainer.

All it should take is to `git push` the new revision to the proper branch (aka
`externals/ergoemacs-mode`) of elpa.git.

But apparently Matthew didn't merge our changes back in his tree, so
when I tried it, it complained about various conflicts.
I've just resolved those conflicts and pushed a new version.
If you could arrange to synchronize this with Ergoemacs's master branch,
it would be great.

        Stefan