Re: tabulated-list sort icon is reversed

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: tabulated-list sort icon is reversed
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2018 22:48:39 +0200

On Tue, Jul 31 2018, Drew Adams wrote:
I thought this discussion had pointed out that for some people the icon orientation reflects (and should reflect) the new sort direction you will get, whereas for others the icon orientation should reflect the current sort direction.

My understanding of the discussion is that for some, a downward pointing triangle indicates an ascending sort order, while for others it indicates a descending sort order.

The idea that the icon is a button that indicates what happens when you click it has also been mentioned, but since it's only the sorted column that has such an indicator, this seems unlikely. (There are systems such as at <http://wals.info/feature>, which have two greyed-out triangles indicating that you can sort a column, and one single triangle for the sorted column. For me, that sorted column triangle points in the wrong direction, BTW...)

--
Joost Kremers
Life has its moments