Re: Using the GNU GMP Library for Bignums in Emacs

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Using the GNU GMP Library for Bignums in Emacs
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2018 17:13:27 -0600

Paul> Tom Tromey wrote:
>> After those things I guess this is ready to land.
>> How should I submit the patches for review?

Paul> If it's a relatively compact set, you can just use 'git format-patch'
Paul> send off an email to bug-gnu-emacs, with the patches attached. If it's
Paul> a long set, we'd probably be better off creating a branch for it on
Paul> savannah. Maybe you can start with the former and we can evolve to the
Paul> latter as needed.

Right now it is 24 patches.  I tend to split things up a bit to make
them easier to follow.  The only exception is the first patch, which is
the bulk renaming; since this was done by "sed" it may not require quite
as much reading.

So, once the final things are fixed up, I will write the ChangeLog
entries and push it to savannah and send a note here.

Tom