Re: [Emacs-diffs] emacs-26 4bb2741: More fixes of Intro to Emacs Lisp

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] emacs-26 4bb2741: More fixes of Intro to Emacs Lisp
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2018 13:28:22 +0300

On 5/24/18 8:38 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
(If the command doesn't prompt, invoke it with an
+argument: @kbd{C-u M-.}; @pxref{Interactive Options}.)  Emacs will
+switch buffers and display the source code for the function on your
address@hidden

That reminds me of an old mathematician joke about how one goes about boiling a pot of water.

Since we probably agree that the current default is more ergonomic (use the function at point, unless called with the prefix), maybe suggest that approach first, in this text?

Like: "if the name of the function you're interested in is under point, press M-.. Otherwise, press C-u M-. and type the function's name."