Re: CC Mode and electric-pair "problem".

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: CC Mode and electric-pair "problem".
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2018 20:40:32 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> BTW, why does CONTRIBUTE tell us to "make check" at all?
> Is this a tricky question?  Because I think the answer is clear to
> all.

Sorry if it sounded like a gotha, but my point was precisely that no
clear policy exists.  I notice a couple of paragraphs above it says
"please test your changes before commiting to the master branch".  But
for me it's still not clear if that means "don't commit if you've broken
any tests"."

I do the latter, and try to influence others to work like this, but
perhaps the phrasing is purposedly vague so other workflows can be
accomodated.  Urgent fixes may justify breaking some tests (and that's
why I asked what Alan's change did).

> OK, I think it's time to stop this dispute.  It isn't going anywhere,
> and we basically agree on most aspects of this.

OK, let's.

João