Re: bug#31636: 27.0.50; lockfile syntax searchable from info manual

From: Robert Pluim
Subject: Re: bug#31636: 27.0.50; lockfile syntax searchable from info manual
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2018 09:43:25 +0200

Noam Postavsky <address@hidden> writes:

>  On 5 June 2018 at 15:51, Robert Pluim <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Latest version attached. I now limit the skip-syntax-backward to the
>> current line.
>
>> ((char-syntax (char-before)) at bol is '?>' in texinfo mode, which is
>> somewhat surprising, since it's '? ' in text mode)
>
> This is the case in every mode which supports line comments, I think.
>
>> +  (cond
>> +   ;; parenthesis
>> +   ((looking-back "\(")
>
> That "\(" should be just "(".

Overenthusiastic backslashitis strikes again.

> And I think you'll want to give a limit
> to the looking-back calls, otherwise they can keep searching until the
> beginning of buffer.

((looking-back "(") should never look at more than one character. I
could always do (eq (char-before) ?() I suppose.

The regexp produced by (sentence-end) looks like itʼs fairly well
anchored. Besides, Iʼm not searching for an end-of-sentence, Iʼm
asking "Am I at end-of-sentence".

Robert