sql.el MariaDB support

From: Robert Cochran
Subject: sql.el MariaDB support
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2018 20:07:50 -0700

Hello emacs-devel,

I've decided that I want to spend a little bit of time improving the
MariaDB support in sql.el to make a nicer experience, namely changing
the prompt regexps so that the prompts will actually show up without
having to fiddle with sql-prompt-regexp.

What I'm not so sure about, and thus asking here, is whether or not to
put the MariaDB changes in with the MySQL product? MariaDB is still a
drop-in replacement for MySQL AFAIK, so in my mind it wouldn't be
unreasonable to lump those two together as a single product. But I'm not
well-versed on what doing that may imply.

TBH, I'd rather lump them together, as really all I'm intending to do is
modify the continuation prompt regexps to work for either database, and
making a whole separate MariaDB product would be overkill in my mind.

Thoughts?

--
~Robert Cochran

GPG Fingerprint - BD0C 5F8B 381C 64F0 F3CE  E7B9 EC9A 872C 41B2 77C2