patreon or alternative?

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: patreon or alternative?
Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2018 10:26:58 -0500

I'd like to make it easy for people to send me money in support of my
work on Emacs ada-mode.

I have an account on Patreon, because I support a couple projects that
way, so it's easy for me to use that service.

Is there a prefered Free Software alternative? I found
https://alternativeto.net/software/patreon/ ; I have not heard of any of
those services.

Is there any objection to asking for donations via Patreon (or a
different service) on the Emacs ada-mode home page
(https://www.nongnu.org/ada-mode/)?

--
-- Stephe