Re: [ANNOUNCE] Emacs 26.1 released

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Emacs 26.1 released
Date: Thu, 31 May 2018 17:54:46 +0200

Bob Friesenhahn <address@hidden> writes:

> It would be very helpful if configure specified what it is
> specifically looking for, and includes what it needs in the error
> message.

For Debian-based OS-es, the easiest way to build and run Emacs is:

sudo apt-get build-dep emacs24
git clone git://git.savannah.gnu.org/emacs.git
cd emacs
make
./src/emacs &

It'll pull inn all libraries you need.  Perhaps we should just make a
note of that in a file like README.DEBIANISH?

(The "emacs24" may be "emacs25" on very fresh OS-es.)