Re: [Emacs-diffs] master bb591f139f: Enhance CC Mode's fontification, et

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master bb591f139f: Enhance CC Mode's fontification, etc., of unterminated strings.
Date: Tue, 22 May 2018 23:17:22 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
>> Thanks.  How about adding this information to the test file(s), as
>> comments, so that others won't need to search high and low for it?
>
> 1. fix the generated docstring so that M-x
> ert-describe-test returns useful information. I can do this.

I just pushed this change to master and though it's not perfect, I'm
pretty happy with the result.  Here's readable output of M-x
ert-describe-test for the test that Alan is investigating:

  electric-pair-autowrapping-5-at-point-2-in-c++-mode-in-strings is a
  test defined in `electric-tests.elc'.

  Electricity test in a `c++-mode' buffer.

  Start with point at 2 in a 5-char-long buffer
  like this one:

    |"foo"|   (buffer start and end are denoted by `|')

  Now call this:

  #'(lambda nil
      (electric-pair-mode 1)
      (mark-sexp 1))