Re: How much do we care about undefined behavior triggered by invalid by

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: How much do we care about undefined behavior triggered by invalid bytecode?
Date: Tue, 22 May 2018 07:51:07 -0700

Noam Postavsky wrote:
Oh, you meant just reading the object causes a crash?

I doubt he meant that. Surely he meant that if you read and then execute a bytecode object, you can easily crash Emacs.

We could fix this problem by verifying that a series of bytecodes cannot make Emacs crash, before allowing the bytecodes to be executed. But wouldn't that be a reasonably large project?