Re: update intro to Emacs Lisp programming

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: update intro to Emacs Lisp programming
Date: Mon, 21 May 2018 00:12:23 -0400

  > As Richard said, it would be ideal to have the Introduction to Emacs Lisp
serve as an introduction to programming.  SICP's first chapter does this job
well, however it is quite mathematically oriented and some of the exercises are
difficult for new people.

SICP teaches a deep understanding of programming, and I recommend it
for people who want to do the work to learn a deep understanding.  But
it is not suitable for non-wizard users that might want to learn a
little programming.

As for adapting material from SICP to the Intro to Emacs Lisp, what
license does SICP carry?  I know it is now free, but this would
require compatibility.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
Skype: No way! See https://stallman.org/skype.html.