Re: CSS contrast (#30295) (was Re: Heads-up: Emacs 26.1 RC1)

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: CSS contrast (#30295) (was Re: Heads-up: Emacs 26.1 RC1)
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2018 09:38:14 +0200

> From: Richard Copley <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2018 19:56:12 +0000
> Cc: John Wiegley <address@hidden>, Tom Tromey <address@hidden>,
>       Emacs Development <address@hidden>
>
> Patch 1 is a small fix for the current formula using color-distance.
> Patch 2 uses luminance as in Tom's original patch.
> I think patch 2 gives better contrast.

Thanks, but I think this is a step backward, as it more or less goes
back to the code before the discussion of bug#25525.

How about making the threshold a customizable value instead, with the
current hard-coded value the default?  That'd be compatible, and
should allow you to get the contrast of your liking.