Re: State of the overlay tree branch?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: State of the overlay tree branch?
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2018 10:39:10 -0400

> Could be a good idea, but I suggest to time its improvement before we
> decide.  I've seen a few surprises in that area.

I see some speed up in my artificial test (where I create an insane
number of markers at point-min and then ask to goto-char to the middle
of a midsized buffer) but I can't see any impact whatsoever (neither
positive nor negative) in real tests (unsurprisingly).

I'd rather first have a non-artificial case where I can measure
a speed up.

        Stefan