Re: Using Org as the source format to generate org.texi

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: Using Org as the source format to generate org.texi
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2018 16:47:03 +0000

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>> Oh dear. I was hoping not to side-track the issue.
>> Yes, it's a hypothetical Emacs where org is hosted in ELPA not in
>> emacs.git, but still distributed with the Emacs tar ball. And the
>> question is, what if packages other than org used org-mode for their
>> manuals.
>
> Actually, as long as these other manuals are in ELPA packages which have
> `org` in their "Package-Requires:", I think it'd still be fine.
> So it's probably not something that we need to worry about.

Yeah, agreed that would be a solution. Given the time scales, we could
also look at adding another heading to ELPA packages, which would,
effectively, specify a build time dependency.

The key point here, is that this is far from a show stopper; there are
clear solutions, and we have lots of time to think about them.

Phil