Re: Preview: portable dumper

From: Andy Moreton
Subject: Re: Preview: portable dumper
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2018 14:53:01 +0000

On Mon 26 Feb 2018, Daniel Colascione wrote:

> On 02/26/2018 07:23 AM, Clément Pit-Claudel wrote:
>> On 2018-02-26 10:10, Phillip Lord wrote:
>>> eval: unsupported object type in dump: SAVE_POINTER
>>
>> You can pass t to dump-emacs-portable to see where the unsupported values
>> come from. For me SAVE_POINTERs came from loading dbus, and window
>> configurations from loading winner-mode.
>
> I love when people use features that aren't even properly documented yet. :-)

For the benefit of readers of this list who have been asked to test the
pdumper branch and report their findings, can you please describe what is
expected to work correctly, and which areas still need additional work.

Please add the "--dump-file" command line argument to the command line
help in usage_message[] in emacs.c.

    AndyM