Re: Emacs 26 MacOS bugs

From: Ben McGinnes
Subject: Re: Emacs 26 MacOS bugs
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2018 06:05:18 +1100

On Tue, Feb 06, 2018 at 09:49:16AM -0500, Richard Stallman wrote:
> The OP, reviewing the draft Emacs manual,
> reported these software bugs.
>
> It would be better to fix them than to document them.
> I suggest fixing them in Emacs 26.

I can't test Sierra (yet), but if it's actually across the board with
OS X. I can test Mavericks.  I may be able to test Sierra later.

A build up to commit b937381e51df28551463da410577c72fb5fa6ace (end of
January) is mostly behaving itself.  Except for the ERC+ZNC with an
infinite loop of connection failures and a bytecomp error on launch.

Quite happy to help narrow things further if it's needed.  Though this
build is only possible by changing the path to begin with all the
macports paths (/opt/local) in order to find a useable makeinfo and
friends.  So "standard install" it shall never be.

Regards,
Ben

--
|  GPG Made Easy (GPGME) Python 3 API Maintainer, GNU Privacy Guard |
| GPG key: 0x321E4E2373590E5D  http://www.adversary.org/ben-key.asc |