Re: Loading a package applies automatically to future sessions?

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Loading a package applies automatically to future sessions?
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2018 14:28:08 -0800

On 02/01/2018 11:24 PM, George Plymale II wrote:
most lawsuits regarding software are
frivolous and ultimately a waste of time for everyone involved

Having been the target of a frivolous software lawsuit myself <https://www.eff.org/press/releases/eff-wins-protection-time-zone-database> I am sympathetic to this argument. However, such lawsuits don't mean we should give up on the legal system entirely; that would be throwing out the baby with the bathwater. Instead, we should use the legal system as best we can, and work to improve it where it has significant flaws. And this is what the Free Software Foundation is trying to do.

In any case, the copyright issues which I was worried about do not seem
as bad as they did to me initially.

Yes, that's often the case. A lot of FUD has been spread about the GPL and the GNU project.