Re: A focus problem when mouse curse moved on a child-frame in linux

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: A focus problem when mouse curse moved on a child-frame in linux
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2018 10:08:27 +0100

> What is the expected behavior for such frames?

It's difficult to answer that because "focus" is not a well-specified
concept.  Conceptually, such frames should not get selected and not
receive keyboard input.  But they should respond to mouse interaction,
for example, to scroll their windows.

> On Emacs 26.0.50 under i3wm, if I click in the frame thus modified, it
> appears to get focus (i.e. the window manager’s title bar lights up
> and the modeline is displayed in the active modeline face), but all
> keyboard input goes to the other frame. Am I okay?

Ideally, neither the title bar should light up nor the mode line get
displayed in active modeline face to avoid confusing the user.  But
from what I noticed now in this thread, tiling window manager (EXWM,
xmonad and yours) seem to behave specially.

martin