Re: Ask etags to stop language auto-detection from falling back to Fortr

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Ask etags to stop language auto-detection from falling back to Fortran and C?
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2018 18:41:53 +0200

> From: Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2018 03:07:39 +0300
>
> So, I want auto-detection, but the list of files I'm passing to etags is
> very naively auto-generated (basically, all files in the project), and
> includes languages that etags doesn't know about (e.g. CSS).
>
> How do I stop it from parsing them as Fortran files? Please add an option.

There is already such an option: --language=none.  If you have both
files that you do want etags to parse for some language and files that
you don't, then either put all the latter at the end of the list and
precede them with --language=none, or wrap each such file name with
"--language=none FILE --language=auto".  This works because --language
takes effect on files specified after it.