Re: fix for bug#29935 copyright-update inserts year at random places

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: fix for bug#29935 copyright-update inserts year at random places
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2018 00:34:22 -0500

> I think there are still situations where pop-to-buffer-same-window can
> change the window configuration (if it is invoked from a dedicated
> window, for example), so save-window-excursion is still needed.

In my config, pop-to-buffer-same-window will often/usually pop up a new
frame (unless the buffer is already displayed somewhere, in which case
it deiconifies and/or raises that frame), "so save-window-excursion is
still needed^H^H^H^H^H^H^ineffective".

This said, I actually do like that the buffer is shown in its
own frame.  It would be nice to re-iconify the frame afterwards, tho.

        Stefan