Re: Problem quitting properly from transient keymap with one keystroke

From: Robert Weiner
Subject: Re: Problem quitting properly from transient keymap with one keystroke
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2017 10:45:50 -0400

On Fri, Oct 20, 2017 at 8:27 AM, Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:
> I can't just add a post-command-hook that calls the transient map
> disable function because calling (keyboard-quit) from the
> post-command-hook triggers an error and I imagine that is not a proper
> usage scenario.

​​
Why do you need a post-command-hook?
​​
HyControl uses post-command-hook to persist a prefix-argument value across commands and to continually display a help message in the minibuffer until exit.
​​
​​Just curious, why does set-transient-map use pre-command-hook instead of post-command-hook​ to test whether or not to keep the transient-map enabled?  This prevents the test from using the results of the most recent key binding run.