Re: Proposal: stack traces with line numbers

From: Robert Weiner
Subject: Re: Proposal: stack traces with line numbers
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2017 23:40:59 -0400

On Sat, Oct 14, 2017 at 8:17 PM, John Williams <address@hidden> wrote:
Elisp is a fun language to work in, for the most part, but one thing I
find very irritating compared to other languages is that there's no
way to get a stack trace with line numbers. I'm wondering if others
feel the same way and would be open to accepting a change to add
better support for line numbers.

​Sounds like some nice work that will pinpoint Lisp errors
even more closely than stack traces do now.  But as noted
in an earlier message, things are not bad in the Lisp space.
Emacs C code is where we often lack any reasonable pointer
to the source of an error, so improving upon the core
mechanisms there would be most valuable.

Bob