Re: Flymake refactored

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: Flymake refactored
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2017 00:43:17 +0100

Marcin Borkowski <address@hidden> writes:

> I didn't (yet) look at it, but thanks for working on this.  I use
> Flycheck currently (maily for JavaScript/ESlint), but I'm wondering
> whether to switch to flymake at some point in time.  Just being curious:
> does Flycheck support running more linters on the same file at the same

I don't know (did you mean Flycheck or Flymake?). If you meant Flymake,
then the answer is yes.

> time?  (From a cursory glance at the docs, I'm not sure.)  Also, how
> would one switch to Flymake for JS?

One possibility would be: wait that it is (hopefully) present in the
next official emacs release, Emacs 26.1 and then wait that someone
writes a decent JS backend (what you call "linter" and Flycheck calls
"checkers") for it.

Another possibility would be: check out the most recent code and write
the backend yourself :-)

> (Note: I understand that your time is limited, João, so if answer to any
> of these questions requires more than 30 seconds, just tell me to rtfm,
> which I'll be happy to do once I'm at home.)

:-)

It took about 60 seconds but I'm not going to charge for the extra 30.

Also there is yet no m to rtf. Working on it.

João