Re: FTP,HTTP → HTTPS in Emacs doc and code

From: Philippe Vaucher
Subject: Re: FTP,HTTP → HTTPS in Emacs doc and code
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2017 14:20:55 +0200

Inspired by the impending decommissioning of ftp://ftp.gnu.org due to security concerns, I went through the Emacs master branch and changed these FTP URLs to https://ftp.gnu.org. While I was at it, I did the much-bigger task of changing http: to https: for most gnu.org and fsf.org URLs. (I ran out of energy before doing the MS-Windows files, and I hope someone else can take up the slack there.)

Sorry if I'm being dense here, but isn't this simply a matter of running `sed -i` recursively and changing all the link at once with the appropriate regex?

Philippe