Re: Refactoring flymake.el

From: Sam Steingold
Subject: Re: Refactoring flymake.el
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2017 13:59:26 -0400

> * Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden> [2017-08-18 19:25:16 +0300]:
>
>>> Only if such variable is not safe. If it's a boolean, for instance,
>>> adding ":safe 'booleanp" to its defcustom should be easy.
>>
>> Of course. However, this variable is defined by a local
>> `define-minor-mode', not `defcustom'.
>
> You can also mark it safe using `put' later. Like:
>
> (put 'abbrev-mode 'safe-local-variable 'booleanp)

Yes, but this _is_ a security issue.
flymake-mode actually _may_ run an OS command.
I think it would be safe to _disable_ the mode, e.g.,

(put 'flymake-mode 'safe-local-variable 'null)

Objections?

PS. Do people really hate the `flymake-disallowed-file-name-regexp' patch?
Why?

--
Sam Steingold (http://sds.podval.org/) on darwin Ns 10.3.1504
http://steingoldpsychology.com http://www.childpsy.net http://think-israel.org