Re: dired-tests.el fails on MS-Windows

From: Tino Calancha
Subject: Re: dired-tests.el fails on MS-Windows
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2017 14:21:01 +0900 (JST)

From: Tino Calancha <address@hidden>
Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2017 02:02:32 +0900

dired-tests.log:
  Test dired-test-bug25609 condition:
      (ert-test-failed
       ((should
         (file-exists-p target))
        :form
        (file-exists-p
"c:/DOCUME~1/Zaretzky/LOCALS~1/Temp/bar6828Ler/foo6828WPJ")
        :value nil))
Could you check the following?

I could, but I don't understand the purpose.  This form is almost
identical to what's in dired-tests.el, and I already established that
the failure is indeed because 'target' doesn't exist at that moment.
I just didn't dig deep enough to understand why, because I didn't
really understand what the code wants to do, e.g. why it calls
dired-do-copy twice, and more importantly why 'target' is supposed to
exist after all that.

What I see here is that at the point where file-exists-p is called,
there are two directories: /bla/blah/foNNNNNN and /bla/bla/barKKKKKK,
but not /bla/bla/fooNNNNN/barKKKKKK, as I think the code expects.

maybe if you could explain the idea behind the code I could think of a
reason why it doesn't work here.
I added more comments and sanity checks in commit
db5d38ddb0de83d8f920b7a128fe3fd5156fdf85
(Fix 2 tests that fail in MS-Windows)
Does it work now in Windows?