Re: SIGIO and the NS port

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: SIGIO and the NS port
Date: Sun, 21 May 2017 00:46:53 -0700

Alan Third wrote:
I’ve stopped the signal handler from responding to SIGIO,

I'm not following, as sigaction (SIGIO, ...) is still being called, so the signal handler deliver_input_available_signal is still responding to SIGIO, and is setting pending_signals to true.

The changes you made affect SIGUSR1 and SIGUSR2 handling, since they patch handle_user_signal: they cause the SIGUSR1 and SIGUSR2 handler to not process SIGIO events. Also, they prevent SIGIO from being masked out during non-SIGIO signal handlers. Is that what you intended? I'm not getting the connection between these non-SIGIO handlers and interrupt_input.

and the two
places where the NS GUI used to raise SIGIO have been replaced with
direct calls to the SIGIO handler code.

That sounds like a reasonable thing to do in any event. I don't see why the code needs to do a raise (SIGIO) when it can do a handle_input_available_signal (SIGIO);