allow non-fast-forward pushes to scratch branches?

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: allow non-fast-forward pushes to scratch branches?
Date: Tue, 02 May 2017 15:34:14 -0700

I've been working on this scratch/gnus-search branch, which is meant to
be rebased on features/gnus-select. At some point I made the mistake of
rebasing to master, when features/gnus-select had not been recently
rebased to master. I got that more or less sorted out, but I've done a
bunch of history re-writing on this scratch branch since, and I'd like
to just blast it and replace it with the current state.

I can't push with --force, because the repo (quite rightly) seems to
have denyNonFastforwards = true.

The branch really should just be rebased to features/gnus-select and
nothing else. Could non-fast-forward pushes be allowed to scratch
branches? Or maybe I can just delete the branch altogether, and push a
new one with the same name?

Apologies from a git git.

Eric