Re: Tabulated list recenter issue

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Tabulated list recenter issue
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2017 09:03:45 +0300

> From: Ian Dunn <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2017 20:56:31 -0400
>
> >   If moving the window to keep the current entry at the same line would
> > leave
> > blank space at the end of the window, don't move the window, but keep point
> > on
> > the current entry.
>
> I made this modification and tried it out on ENWC and the Package List.
>
> I'd like to apply this to master, but, since it will affect the Package List,
> I want to get feedback on it first.

This will affect all the features that use tabulated-list, including,
for example, buffer-menu.  Since the use case where this behavior is
somewhat problematic is quite special, I don't think changing the
behavior globally would be a good idea.  Perhaps there should be a
special value of the optional argument REMEMBER-POS that would avoid
recentering under the conditions you describe, and ENWC (and perhaps
package.el as well, if users of package.el would like) should use that
special value?