Re: Continuous integration

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: Continuous integration
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2017 17:42:11 -0000

On Thu, March 30, 2017 2:47 pm, Lars Brinkhoff wrote:
> address@hidden (Phillip Lord) writes:
>> I have the buildbot installation up now. Slightly harder work than I
>> hoped, but not too bad.
>>
>> http://emacs.bioswarm.net:8010
>>

> I see two tests are failing: one in ediff-ptch-tests and one
> inpython-tests.  I don't see those when I build and test myself.

Yep, we need a special target for CI which dumps the output of these files
to screen. AFAICT, there is no way to see the log files. The python-test
is breaking, I think, because it assumes that Emacs is not being built in
a virtual environment (which it is with build bot).

> Is there a way to see build results split into separate branches?

The UI doesn't seem to uncover this, although it may be possible (I am not
a build bot expert). But I can seperate things into queues. In use I'm
make one for emacs-25, one for master, one for everything else.

I've fiddled a bit with the config -- there are now two builds: one
incremental, and one bootstrap. The quick one should be faster.