Re: Warning compiling obarray.el on master

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Warning compiling obarray.el on master
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2017 08:49:05 -0400

>     ELC      ../lisp/obarray.elc
>   In toplevel form:
>   obarray.el:40:1:Warning: Lexical argument shadows the dynamic variable
> obarray

It's "harmless" and it's the result of having a global variable with
a short name like `obarray` which hence unavoidably collides with
local uses.

I see the rest of obarray.el uses the name `ob` for local variables
instead, so I guess using that in `obarray-copy` is the best fix in the
short term.
In the longer term, maybe we should rename `obarray` to something more
descriptive and less likely to collide with a local var.
Maybe `default-obarray` or `global-obarray` or
`global-identifier-obarray`?

        Stefan