Re: Manual suggestions for quit-restore documentation

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: Manual suggestions for quit-restore documentation
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2017 09:24:02 -0800

martin rudalics <address@hidden> writes:

>> I've attached a diff with my edits; if/when some version of this is
>> eventually approved I can do a proper commit.
>
> Thanks.  Please install.
>
>> I didn't add anything in the Window Parameters section about the first
>> two elements of the quit-restore parameter, simply because I don't
>> understand them well enough. I still think something should be said
>> there about how they influence quit behavior, though -- this is the
>> first place that people will look to find out how this works, and the
>> current docs are very clear about "what", but beg the question of "why".
>
> Trying to recall.

Oof, no wonder documentation is currently slim. Thanks for all these
explanations; I'll take a little time and look through the code and make
sure I actually understand this before trying to document it. As per
your other message, I'll also add a bit about how to do it "manually".

Thanks again,
Eric