Re: Condition to link to javascript code?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Condition to link to javascript code?
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2016 14:56:23 -0500

  > > I'm talking about the user who visits that HTML file in a browser.
  > > That is who will run klisp.js, so that's who really should have
  > > control over which version of klisp.js to run.

  > If I have write-access to the html file then yes; the user can change the
  > klipse.js URL in the header of the file.

In the general case, users who visit a web page in the browser do not
have write access to it on the server.  I'm concerned about that
general case.

Could you put some JS code into the page that would give the user
a way to specify a different URL for klipse.js?  Perhaps that could
be stored in a cookie or something else in the browser.

Regarding Decentraleyes:

  >   If it is read-only, as when
  > published via to the web, then the user would need something like the
  > Firefox addon "Decentraleyes" (I don’t know if it works with GNU IceCat):

Maybe it is a good solution, but I can't tell from what you sent.
Can you show me a clearer description of what features this addon
actually has?  I can't tell what this description implies

      > Protects you against tracking through "free", centralized, content
      > delivery. It prevents a lot of requests from reaching networks like
      > Google Hosted Libraries, and serves local files to keep sites from
      > breaking. Complements regular content blockers.

in regard to klipse.js.

Also, is Decentraleyes free software?  What is its license?

--
Dr Richard Stallman