Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 61f8c23 1/2: Minor advice.el fix

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 61f8c23 1/2: Minor advice.el fix
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2016 13:15:32 -0500

> I hear what you're saying. I'm usually not a fan of excessive argument
> checking, but this case seemed ok to me. But I don't feel much about
> it either way, so if you want to revert it and close the associated
> reports as wontfix, that's totally fine by me.

The funny thing is that we have a similar arg check in fmakunbound
(which I removed in my local Emacs a long time ago), and the OP
actually tried to undo his mistake using `fmakunbound` but bumped into
that other excessive checking, which prevented him from fixing this
first mistake (of course, (fset nil nil) would have worked, but it
didn't occur to him).

        Stefan