Binary Search Tree and Treap Functions bst-assq and treap-put

From: Andy Sonnenburg
Subject: Binary Search Tree and Treap Functions bst-assq and treap-put
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2016 20:42:36 -0500

I have implemented standard binary search tree lookup and hash-ordered treap insertion using XLI comparison for lookup and XLI comparison and FNV-1a hashing of the XLI result for insertion (using the XLI result as the hash value would result in the worst case for balancing).  I have the changes available in a local branch and am uncertain what to do with them now.  I intend to use these functions to make lexically-scoped variable lookup average case O(log(n)) instead of the current O(n).

Thanks,

Andy Sonnenburg