Re: Preview: portable dumper

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Preview: portable dumper
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2016 09:47:46 -0800

Ken Raeburn wrote:
Stefan’s right too… since the current time sinks are the “read” functions
themselves rather than in support code being called, it’s less immediately
obvious where work is needed or how to proceed.

Stefan is right so often that it must embarrass him. :-)

FWIW I recently tuned a private copy of lread.c to use syscalls rather than stdio. It didn't help significantly, so I gave that up.