Re: [announce] The new website for GNU ELPA is online

From: Clément Pit--Claudel
Subject: Re: [announce] The new website for GNU ELPA is online
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2016 09:26:22 -0500

On 2016-12-01 07:49, Nicolas Petton wrote:
> Clément Pit--Claudel <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> * Do we have data on package downloads? This would be nice.
>
> No, we don't have anything like that.

I wonder how hard it would be to get.  I also wonder how much of a disincentive
the lack of download statistics creates.

>> * Can we (should we?) render package descriptions in monospace?
>
> Why not, it's already rendered it a `<pre>' tag.

Neat; I've come across a few examples that looked weird in variable-pitch.

>> * Do we want to add more detailed instructions to package pages? (like
>> "to install this package, run M-x package-install …")
>
> Do you mean adding installation instructions on each package page?

Yup; a short line of template text, adjusted to that package.  In the style of
Github's "merge this PR from the command line" instructions.

Where are changelogs taken from, btw?

Thanks again for the hard work!
Clément.