Re: Subject: Call for testers for GNU Hyperbole 5.12, a large, useful Em

From: Robert Weiner
Subject: Re: Subject: Call for testers for GNU Hyperbole 5.12, a large, useful Emacs package
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2016 13:47:43 -0400

On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 1:25 PM, Rasmus <address@hidden> wrote:
Could you add some sort of "graphical explanation" of hyperbole to the
website?

There are some older screenshots in the Hyperbole Manual.  We hope to update these this week and maybe some will make their way to the Hyperbole home page.

  At least some screenshots, but maybe even a short(!) video demo.

We would like to do a video demo but do not presently have the time.  If someone would like to volunteer to work on that, we could interface with you on it and send feedback.

It’s pretty hard for me fully appreciate what hyperbole does.

Of course Hyperbole can never be fully appreciated; that is why it is called Hyperbole :-)  Even as its author, I still find useful capabilities that I wrote long ago and had forgotten about.  We are expanding the documentation which is extensive already but not complete.  {C-h h d d} give you a demo of some quickly useful features.  {C-h i d m hyperbole RET} lets you browse the manual with some images embedded.  Reading key parts of this will give you a much better idea of what you can do with it.  There are also HTML and PDF versions in the hyperbole-5.12/man/ directory.

There is also the project homepage.  If it is unclear on anything, please let us know:

     https://www.gnu.org/software/hyperbole/

All that said, we want to make it accessible so go explore and generate a set of questions and then we will see how best to answer them.

Bob