Re: Redisplay: NS port, high CPU load

From: David Reitter
Subject: Re: Redisplay: NS port, high CPU load
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2016 23:04:06 +1000

Thanks, that’s informative.  I too was looking at ucs-normalize, but couldn’t
find anything obvious.

On Jun 9, 2016, at 7:25 PM, Anders Lindgren <address@hidden> wrote:

> If you remove the code that sets this property (in ucs-normalize.el) you can
> check if this causes the redisplays.

No dice.  Removing or undoing this...

(coding-system-put 'utf-8-hfs 'decomposed-characters ’t)

… has no effect.

I also tried reverting the two changes from Dec 25 (with some conflicts,
though) - this didn’t seem to change anything.

In any case, we need to understand what triggers the expensive toolbar update.