Re: master e971ce6: Make autoloads populate a new definition-prefixes ta

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: master e971ce6: Make autoloads populate a new definition-prefixes table
Date: Thu, 26 May 2016 22:52:03 +0300

> From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
> Cc: Glenn Morris <address@hidden>, address@hidden
> Date: Thu, 26 May 2016 14:11:01 -0400
>
> >   w32-fns.el:245:2:Warning: set-message-beep called with 1 argument, but
> > accepts
> >       only 0
> > (All of these warnings are bogus, of course.)
>
> These are indeed bogus, but I can't imagine how they could be the result
> of my commit.

You are right.  The reason is that on master 'declare-function' must
specify the full arglist of the announced function, otherwise the
byte-compiler emits this warning (I get them in quite a few files).
Is that intentional?  If so, we should fix all the 'declare-function'
forms that don't already state the argument lists.