Re: OS X (configure --with-ns) typing unresponsive with Org and Viper

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: OS X (configure --with-ns) typing unresponsive with Org and Viper
Date: Fri, 13 May 2016 12:19:57 -0700

On 05/13/2016 11:40 AM, Michael Brand wrote:
What can I profile or debug with
gdb?

You can use GDB to debug almost anything at the machine level. 'source .gdbinit' first.

For profiling, please see the Profiling chapter of the Elisp manual, e.g., the profiler-start function. You need a reasonably bleeding-edge version of Emacs for this. Possibly you will also need to do low-level profiling, which is incompatible with profiler-start; to do this, build emacs with './configure --enable-profiling'.

What code is involved and which temporary changes could I try out
to track down the issue?

Given the bug report, I'd look for changes installed in Emacs sometime in January 2009, probably in the ns area.