SOLVED (was: vc-hg modeline changed.)

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: SOLVED (was: vc-hg modeline changed.)
Date: Thu, 05 May 2016 09:15:14 +0000

>>> "Uwe" == Uwe Brauer <address@hidden> writes:

   > Hi

   > I just upgraded 25.5.1  via git pull and recompiling.

   > Then I noted (to my horror (personal opinion) that the behavior of
   > hg-modeline was changed.

I was told my Daniel to try

 (setq vc-hg-symbolic-revision-styles '("{rev}"))

(Or the relevant customize-option)

Which solved my problem.

I suggest to change/add the docstring accordingly, because the new
behavior is a radical change.

I could provide a 'patch' for that[1], but not sure about the structure of
that patch (which git diff option to use, to whom to send that patch
etc).
I will ask that in  a different message.

Uwe Brauer

Footnotes:
[1]  3 lines of text which would not require to sign the  FSF copyright papers.