Re: iimage.el and the size of the images

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: iimage.el and the size of the images
Date: Tue, 03 May 2016 15:49:48 +0000

    > Uwe Brauer <address@hidden> writes:

    > Lars Ingebrigtsen has been working in that area recently.  He installed
    > some patches that made scaling displayed images very easy (in the master
    > branch AFAIK).

I have a relative recent version of 25.1.50 installed (but not the most
recent because of the changes in vc-hg.el). Not sure whether these
patches are in there.

    > Lars, do your patches affect iimage.el as well - or should they?

    > Why not?  Doesn't `setq' change the value?

Ok, my bad it does, but it does not have any effect, so I presumed
values defined in C, cannot be changed in lisp or if that does not have
any effect. That might be wrong but on a practical level the variable
does not  help.

    > However, I'm not sure what this variable really means (I don't
    > understand the docstring).

Nor do I

Uwe