Re: [emacs-announce] Emacs pretest 25.0.93

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [emacs-announce] Emacs pretest 25.0.93
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2016 18:55:06 +0200

Michael Heerdegen writes:
> FWIW, I once saw this while calling "make" for Helm.  I investigated and
> saw such a "t" timestamp in the loaddefs file.  I didn't think long
> about it.  I just deleted that loaddefs file - after that, "make"
> succeeded, and instead of "t" there was a "real" time stamp.

Just like you, the removal of the existing autoload files made the build
succeed again.  The reason for why there was no proper timestamp on
these entries was that during my last build on 3rd of April I built also
an EMacs from master and that build destroys trhe time-stamps that
emacs-25 so desperately needs.  Really, if there's something wrong with
a file the build can re-create, it should not error out.  Plus, there
really needs to be some Makefile target to really clean up (no, 'make
distclean' didn't do it).  Plus, the fact that the lisp directory is
shared between different builds and doesn't contain just the sources
doesn't really help, either.

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Terratec KOMPLEXER: