Re: matlab-mode MELPA, link contact FAQ?

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: matlab-mode MELPA, link contact FAQ?
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2016 20:19:09 +0000

    > On 04/15/2016 01:02 PM, Uwe Brauer wrote:

    > No problem. Happy to help when I can. Looking at this a bit more, I
    > think what I said earlier needs to be slightly amended. If you have a
    > file whose name matches your package's name, if seems that MELPA will
    > use its headers to generate a package description. Since you don't
    > have a matlab-mode.el, though, MELPA doesn't know where to look.

    > You can just create a matlab-mode-pkg.el file, and it will grab
    > information from there. I don't generally write these -pkg files by
    > hand. Instead, I just use Cask (https://github.com/cask/cask) to
    > generate them for me.

Ok, I just tried out elpakit (from marmelade) and run into problems. I
think I will old fashioned and generate this file manually.

    > matlab-mode-pkg.el, right?

    > You could take a look at
    > https://github.com/emacs-helm/helm/blob/master/helm-pkg.el for an
aha, so you are the author of these great helm packages!
Thanks for providing them.

    > example. Here are other examples from my packages:

thanks, very much, that was very helpful. I finally opted for

;;; matlab-pkg.el --- define matlab for package.el
(define-package "matlab-mode" "3.3.5" "Major mode for MATLAB(R) dot-m files"
  'nil
  :keywords
  '("matlab" "programming" "language" "(X)emacs")
  :url "http://sourceforge.net/projects/matlab-emacs/";
  )

Hope it will work out.