Re: suppressable byte compilation warnings and cconv.el

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: suppressable byte compilation warnings and cconv.el
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2016 21:35:14 -0400

> In file `bytecomp.el' there is a customizable variable
> `byte-compile-warnings' that allows one to selectively silence certain
> warnings.

I wouldn't use the word "selectively" to describe it.
It's extremely coarse only allowing you to control broad categories of
errors file-wide.

> In particular, I'm annoyed by warnings like this:
>     Warning: Unused lexical argument ‘size’

You can silence those (and yes, selectively this time) by prefixing the
variable name with an underscore, which makes it explicit that you know
the variable is not used.

        Stefan