Re: good examples of Emacs modules?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: good examples of Emacs modules?
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2016 10:18:25 +0300

> From: Óscar Fuentes <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2016 23:59:36 +0200
>
> BTW, it is necessary to explicitly export the symbols on Windows (and on
> GNU/Linux too depending on the arguments used):
>
> int plugin_is_GPL_compatible;
>
> should be
>
> int __declspec(dllexport) plugin_is_GPL_compatible;
>
> (Windows)
>
> int __attribute__ ((visibility("default"))) plugin_is_GPL_compatible;

I don't need any such Windows-specific attributes, so I'm unsure why
you think you do.  The test in modules/mod-test compiles and passes
the tests just fine without that.

> (GNU/Linux, when you compile your module with -fvisibility=hidden, which
> is a Good Thing.)

If someone uses -fvisibility=hidden on a shared object, they know what
they are doing, and they need the attribute on every exported symbol,
not just on plugin_is_GPL_compatible.